The BET Hip-Hop Awards

The 2011 BET Hip Hop Awards aired on Tuesday night, and although I don't have BET, and therefore don't get to watch it, it's always still an exciting time for rap music. The reason for this is the BET Hip-Hop Awards cyphers!

Each year, a group of MC's made up of new comers, some of the best rappers in the game today, and some of the greatest MC's of all time, get together to produce their best off the dome freestyle to a DJ Premier supplied beat. Last year, the people at Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music label, gave hip-hop fans a classic. But this year, Eminem and his crew, known as Shady 2.0, showed Kanye and his boys that they're no slouches either.

Below I've posted the Shady 2.0 cypher as well as the G.O.O.D. Music cypher from last year. Whose is better? Post a comment if you've got a winner!

Personally, I think it's Team Shady by a hair, but you can judge for yourself. Enjoy!

G.O.O.D. Music Cypher (2010)




Shady 2.0 Cypher (2011)




I'd recommend you grab the rest of the 2011 cyphers here at HYPETRAK. Shout out to Christian rapper, Lecrae, for making it big time at the BET Awards, AND for killing it!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 and is filed under ,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

2 Responses to “The BET Hip-Hop Awards”

  1. GOOD Music!! They killed it with suits on! uuukkkk im giving it to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love GOOD music.. but i have to give this one to Shady 2.0

    ReplyDelete