As much as I love sports, it's very difficult to keep up with all of them. I've been a hockey player almost all of my life, so obviously I keep up with the NHL. And I've always thought there was something spectacular about the storylines, psychology, and the freak athleticism that's on display in the NBA, so I consider myself a big fan of that too.
When it comes to the NFL, catching a game on Sunday afternoon every once and a while, and watching the highlights Monday morning is great. But I don't consider myself an expert by any means, and think of myself as more of a casual fan.
So when the Superbowl comes around, my level of excitment depends on who's playing. This year's match-up unfortunately doesn't intrigue me all that much as I don't consider either of these teams as my favorite.
But one of the great traditions of the Superbowl that hardly ever disappoints is the commercials. In the past few years, companies have been releasing their ads days before the game to start a buzz, and this year I've come across a great ad from Budweiser that surprisingly features hockey.
I'm a sucker for this stuff. Enjoy!