It's me

Hey there,

So, after about a year absence, I'm back into the blogging game. However, this time it's not a course requirement, I actually just want to blog. Weird, right?

This sudden plunge back into new media (ie Twitter and blogging in particular) is due to a few different factors. First off, for those of you who know me well, one day I'm going to be a sports journalist. I was about to say that I want to be a sports journalist, but to be honest, I think I have what it takes make it. Or at least have the potential to obtain what it takes to make it. And if Kanye West has taught me anything, it's go big or go home...that, and if your a genius, act like a maniac and it will make you look like an ever bigger genius...but that's for a future post.

Anyways, like I was saying, I want to be a sports journalist. Or broadcaster. I'm very interested in both actually. But for the sake of blogging, I'll just say journalist due to the more direct correlation between the two. And to be a sports journalist, I need practice. And what's a better way to practice writing about sports than...well, writing about sports?

Another reason I decided to start this up again is because of the emergence of a sports podcast that my fellow sports enthusiast and I plan on starting up this weekend. Having a blog will allow me to both plug the podcast, and also touch on subjects that we didn't talk about on the podcast, or expand on something that we did discuss.

Finally, I love writing. I really do. And taking a semester off school has put me into a withdrawal of sorts, that quite frankly took me off guard. And if I'm really serious about making it big in the sports world (which I truly am), I need to stay sharp. So here I go. I'm hoping this will both challenge me, and entertain me for years to come. I have big goals, and I guess they start with humble beginnings. As a blogging Jay-Z probably would have said if he had a blog, "Only blogger to rewrite history without a pen, no IP on this post let the story begin...".


Insert witty closing line (don't worry, I'll think of something),

J Traa


Oh yeah, also, this isn't just going to be about sports. I love music. And I'm very opinionated about other things as well. So, expect words from all different directions on this puppy.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 6, 2011. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply